Feedback needed: How to stop exploits in the upcoming quiz?

Hello Shiners,

Recently we launched our bridge to Matic (you can read about it here - Shine bridge to Matic is live!. Hello Shiners, | by ShineDAO | Sep, 2021 | Medium)

And because gas fees are much cheaper there it gives us a lot of room to experiment with different activities on chain. One of the first activities would be the quiz game where you can guess the answer to the question and collect your reward if you guessed correctly.

However, there is one challenge with this idea and that is: how do we solve the identity problem with the participants, meaning that we don’t have same users doing the quiz multiple times (and even creating a script) which extracts all the rewards from the pool?

Please give me your thoughts on this if you have any ideas out there.

4 Likes

Is there a way to make a dashboard where a user (once authenticated through new contributor registration) is able to access the quiz?

Perhaps it can be isolated to the user going alllllllllllll the way through onboarding
(to attend a community call? / with exception for participation and considering time differecnces)

• What if there’s a time limit to how often anyone can take each quizzes?

I loved onboarding and I wonder if the quizzes can be created in the same manner and be associated somehow to onboarding process you have already created.

1 Like

This made me think of some kind of “contributor refer” where the referring user had contributed to some community task meaningfully (like some kind of social cred system, maybe source cred can be used somehow?) Just spit balling. Maybe too gatekeepy? idk.